Re: [Mgs] powder coating for wire wheels

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] powder coating for wire wheels
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:50:06 -0800
I was wondering about this, too. Powdercoating of wire wheels seems to
presume that the wheels are permanent assemblies, which is certainly not the
case. They are flexible assemblies which require periodic adjustment. Then
there is the inevitable replacement of broken spokes -- it seems a little
impractical to send these out one at a time for powdercoating, as needed.

What might make sense is to powdercoat the rims and hubs separately, than
assemble with stainless steel spokes. But this is economically impractical,
in that the cost of paying someone to lace, true and balance the wheel is
prohibitive.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149