[Mgs] Power Window Kit

To: MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Power Window Kit
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:47:34 EST
Well, I can't say I wasn't warned.

Paul T told me the Victoria British power window kit would not fit an  MGB.
I called their order line and asked if they were sure it would work  and the
lady put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and assured me it  would.

So I ordered it last week and it came in today, and sure enough, there is  no
way it will work on an MGB.  The installation instructions list a number  of
cars it will fit, but no MGs.

The device works by attaching to the splined shaft from the window winder
that the old handle fits on.  As we all know, this is not a splined shaft  but
largish plastic octogan on the MGB.

I called them back today and was assured they had sold thousands of these
and never had one returned.  Well, either there are thousands of suckers  out
there, or thousands of people smart enough to make these work, or I'm stupid
and missed something.

They are issuing a call tag and UPS will pick them up next week for  them.
In the meantime, I guess I should call my credit card company?

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced
hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.

48)