Re: [Mgs] MGA fuel pump problem

To: "dave houser" <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA fuel pump problem
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:52:53 -0000
I did say the points oxidise on the shelf, and to clean them before
rejecting the pump.  But if the pump is taking *current* then the points
aren't oxidised, and either they are stuck together, the adjustment is
incorrect i.e. the diaphragm isn't moving far enough to 'throw them over',
or the diaphragm itself is stuck.  However I suspect that what you mean is
you have *voltage* at the pump (did you check between the pump spade and the
pump body?  If you check between the pump spade and the car body the pump
ground could be faulty) as it is much more likely that the points will be
oxidised on multiple pumps.

PaulH.