Re: [Mgs] Miata Question

To: "Paul Root" <ptrmgb@gmail.com>, <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Miata Question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:56:33 -0000
Both a friend and I could do that on our MGBs - lower and raise the hood
from the seat, and without undoing the rear fastenings or damaging anything.
But neither went down far enough to allow a tonneau cover to be used as a
hood cover and be fastened to the heel-board pegs.  I investigated mine and
found that by tweaking a couple of the struts on the hood frame it would
then drop all the way into the tonneau space and allow the cover to be
fastened, but not without removing the rear fastenings of the hood or it
*would* damage the material, and in a lot less than a season.  I reckon that
fitting a couple of struts to the frame to sit on the tops of the wheel
arches would allow you to lower it from the seat without unfastening the
rear edge for a quick raise and lower.  And if you wanted to then getting
out, unfastening it and swinging the struts out of the way would allow it to
sit right down to allow fitting the cover.  But I've never bothered.

PaulH.