Re: [Mgs] Grand Prix -- No MG content

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Matt Trebelhorn"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Grand Prix -- No MG content
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:04:56 +0100
Grand Prix always has been extremely expensive to go to.
I've visited the Ductch Grand Prix (Zandvoort) several times in the sixties
/ seventies with my brothers.
Luckily the tickets were paid by my parents.
In the eighties I went to the Belgian Grand Prix (Spa / Francorchamps) and
saw the tickets were extremely expensive as well overthere - the last times
we went sponsored by our company Data General, who was main sponsor of
Tyrrell at these days.
It was fun to see both Tyrrell cars wreck eachother just in front of our
noses!

Monaco by the way is one of the most expensive places in Europe anyway.
More value for money will be the local GP racing tracks in France, Germany,
Belgium etc.
As these tracks are not street races, but on closed racing circuits, there
arer more variants in ticket prices as well.
Belgium and germany has tracks, where one can stroll around the track over
the hills and have a nice view from the hill tops.

I have stopped visited these events, as eastern Belgium is quite far from
home to travel for one day and back.
Lodging nearby is expensive as well, though camping is to do at reasonable
prices.
Local events are more nice to visit, as one can visit the Pits and come
closer to the cars and even speak with the drivers.

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT ex-Calif