Re: [Mgs] Grand Prix -- No MG content

To: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Grand Prix -- No MG content
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:02:59 -0000
There are two Monaco's, and I don't mean geographically.  Yes, there are many
places to spend humungous amounts of money, but it is also a tourist
destination and so there is another 'tier' of more reasonable prices (well,
for someone from the UK anyway i.e. used to high prices for everything).  We
were there in 91 (to drive an F1 car at a private circuit nearby) just a week
before the GP.  I expected parking near the harbour to be ridiculously
expensive so parked up at the top and we walked down.  Gutted to see the
tunnel car park the same price as we had paid and with spaces!  Quite a buzz
to walk and drive the circuit with all the paraphernalia for the GP in place.
That said, GP week *is* one of the most expensive places you can go, many
locals renting out their apartments and making a fortune.

PaulH.