Re: [Mgs] Floor lift advice

Subject: Re: [Mgs] Floor lift advice
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:10:54 -0700
Pat:

Bendpak is located just down the road from me in sunny Southern
California.

Check out:

http://www.bendpak.com/

I can't guarantee it anymore, but I bought my lift from them about 3
years ago and it was made in their California facility.

I got the 10,000lb model XP Narrow Clearfloor design.

http://www.bendpak.com/cart_product_detail.php?prod_id=212&cat_id=46

It ran $2700 delivered and installed (no electrical). The LA market is
very competitive, so pricing was really good.

I use it almost on a daily basis and have been extremely happy with it.
The narrow (rather than wide) design allows it to work perfectly with my
MGBs. The clearfloor design makes it easy to push dead cars into
position. It works just fine for my Dodge Ram 2500 regular cab pickup.
The only problem being that the doors are a bit hard to get in and out
of. That was something I was willing to put up with to keep the floor
footprint smaller and the arm location better for lil' cars. If you are
going to be working on full size cars a lot, then I'd suggest going with
the wider design.

Right now my MGA frame is sitting on the lift while I'm stripping it
down and starting rust repair and I'm parking my MGB under it.

Kelvin Dodd