Can anyone clear up what happened here? As I understand it:
1. BMW sold MG/Rover to guys in England.
2. They failed, after taking a lot of government money
3. There was a bidding war between SAIC and NAC. Both actually owned
by the Chinese government.
4. SAIC buys rights to the some of the cars. NAC buys MG and rights to
the TF and ZT. BMW says
it still owns the name Rover, to protect Land Rover
5. Some moron in Oklahoma announces that he's opening a plant to build
MGs after one or two conversations with NAC.
6. Lots of time tables slip
7. MG 7 is introduced. Some Roewe models are released. Both for
Chinese consumption but intended for the world.
8. NAC is running out of money. SAIC buys NAC.
Anything else? Anything wrong?
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html