Re: [Mgs] Kumho tires

To: "Stuart MacMillan" <macgroup@comcast.net>, <MGTDB@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Kumho tires
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:03:44 +0100
I've had no problem undoing broken spokes, without any heat or releasing
fluid - these are chrome, painted may be worse.  I've actually had one wheel
replaced with stainless to see if that solves the breakage issue.  However
that will be a long-term test as the chrome ones didn't start breaking until
after four of five years and then just the occasional one.  Since then the
breakage rate has gone up and I have found two or three on one wheel after a
five-hundred mile or so run.  Although funnily enough I've just got back
from one of those had one broken before I started and still only that one
broken on my return.

PaulH.