Re: [Mgs] Take along tools

To: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Take along tools
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 13:29:15 -0500
Ok, we're getting close, so I'll just say it.

Back in college, my brother drove a 67 Datsun 1600 Roadster. Not much
rust,
just along the edges. :-) He autocrossed it extensively.

Senior year, he signed on to be an Officer in the Navy, and so had
disposable
income. The racing bug bit. He bought 69 2000 Roadster stripped down
with a
rollcage added.

Over spring break, we towed the 2000 with the 1600, from Manhattan, Ks
Kansas City. Something around 120 miles. 24 through Topeka and
Lawrence. K10
into Overland Park, and surface roads into Prairie Village. What a trip.
Of course, we hit rush hour (what passes for it) in Lawrence.

So, for an extended trip, bring one of everything. :-)

Paul.