[Mgs] Cleaning the Trans, Replacing Engine Mounts

To: mg-mgb@yahoogroups.com, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Cleaning the Trans, Replacing Engine Mounts
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:25:27 -0700 (PDT)
Couple of questions -

1) Degreasing the transmission - what's the best way to do this? I guess I
could scrape it by hand but that seems like a pain, and a test
     indicated that it would scratch the case up. I could get some of the
engine degreaser that you spray off but would need make sure I
     didn't get anything inside the case, I guess. And would need to remove the
electrical switches.... What have others done?

2) Engiune mounts - I guess I know the answer, but these need to be removed
from underneath right? So the driver's side one looks like
     a real bear, do you have to loosen the steering shaft?

Thx....

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328
http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/