Re: [Mgs] MAG electrical

To: thgun@comporium.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MAG electrical
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:53:53 -0400
Tom,
    Could be dynamo or regulator.  The red light shows that the system is
discharging. It should extinguish when the system is charging, at 1500
rpm or so.
    Check connections first, then test the dynamo.  Worn brushes are easy
to replace and are a frequent cause of low or no output.
     In the workshop manual is a diagnostic for regulator (control box).
It seems difficult to do, but is pretty easy.   A "moving-coil" voltmeter
is the typical one that you probably have.
Bob

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 06:49:14 -0400 (EDT) <thgun@comporium.net> writes:
> I drove my 57 MAG 1500 rest to work today. Radio disconnected,
> started fine, flashers brite and good headlights. I drove 12 miles.
> Still running good. The flashers stopped working and the horn will
> not work. I shut the engine off and tried to restart. The batt was
> down and would not turn the engine over. I had replaced the bat back
> in late March. The ignition light stays on  while the engine is
> running. Monday I had to bump the car off down hill to get it
> started.
>  Any ideas on what to check or replace?
> Thanks,
> Tom Gunderson

Visa, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover. Compare Offers & Apply Online. Click here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3m2HXFRbIhbVOCQ2jnkYZdt5BtjSEJNtcpnS1IbrmvJrXvZj/