[Mgs] Spridgeteer HELP needed - clutch hydraulics

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Spridgeteer HELP needed - clutch hydraulics
From: Phil Bates <jello@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 00:28:35 -0700
   A  friend  of mine is having a hell of a time with his spridget clutch
   hydraulics.  He has a bug-eye sprite, with the old clutch/brake master
   (same  as  an  MGA  or early midget) - but he put in a 1275 engine and
   trans.   Everything  seems to fit except the hydraulic lines.  Looking
   at my MGA, I think he should adopt their system - banjo and banjo bolt
   at the master cyl, and a flex hose at the slave - but he seems to want
   to  go  all  flare end brake lines that should (and have not yet) seat
   and  seal  -  no flexline, but a 3 times around spiral for the rocking
   motion of the car.

   Can  anyone  relay  experience  that says the best way to go with this
   type of conversion/set-up??

   Phil Bates
   On Sat Jun 28 19:07 , Dan DiBiase sent:

     Wow,  tough going for sure.... Hang in their, we're all thinking of
     you and your neighbors.....
     Dan D
     Central NJ USA
     '76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
     '65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
     NAMGBR #5-2328
     http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
     http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/