Re: [Mgs] MG practicality

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG practicality
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:04:41 +0930
On 03/07/2008, at 8:46 AM, Max Heim wrote:

> That's why I don't live in the desert southwest -- it is not a
> suitable
> climate for human habitation. I just have to shake my head at the
> amount of
> energy and water consumed in the attempt to make it so...

105 means lovely, balmy evenings for cruising in the hills or along
the beach (top ... who uses the top???)!

Snow... brrrrrrr I have only experienced snow and freezing
temperatures once and that was for a few months in Chicago.  Now THAT
is weather/temperature unfit for human habitation - but it seems lots
of people survive it and some even enjoy it.  Go figure.

It is hovering around 45F+ here and I am finding it pretty
uncomfortable (wearing too many clothes and using up too much
electricity keeping warm).

A nice, dry 110F and a cold beer is a joy to behold but 110F sun
beating down on your head in a topless car can get a little
uncomfortable... and can make you fixated on the temperature gauge...
so you make sure you leave the evenings for cruising.

:-)

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia