Re: [Mgs] Savvy Shopping: Park assist, pick-ups and MGs

To: "Paul Root" <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Savvy Shopping: Park assist, pick-ups and MGs
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 08:14:22 +0100
Ironically parallel parking has become part of the UK driving test in recent
years.  But I'm right with you on your first sentence, park assist is just
pure laziness, so many other 'driver aids' may well have safety implications
but they each remove the driver another step from being responsible for their
actions and reduce the driving experience to little more than sitting on the
couch watch TV, with all the lack of attention that implies.  We can't be that
far away from a driver suing a manufacturer because his 'lane wander' warning
system didn't wake him up in time to avoid an accident.

PaulH.