Re: [Mgs] Savvy Shopping: Park assist, pick-ups and MGs

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Savvy Shopping: Park assist, pick-ups and MGs
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 09:02:30 +0100
There are lots of things in the UK test, including hill starts and a written
pre-test.  When I was learning with a driving school they refused to take me
over the test route saying I wouldn't be driving just that after I had passed,
and they were going to teach me how to drive not just how to pass my test.  On
the day of the test the instructor said "When the examiner comes for you if he
is a decent bloke I'll give you thumbs up".  When the examiner arrived he was
looking pointedly out of the window (bastard!).  Maybe he hoped I would fail
and so have me buy more lessons, but I passed.  The hill-start was very severe
- pulling out of a T-junction where both the leg and arms of the T were at a 1
in 3 gradient, immediately before a bridge over a canal with a blind crest.
It was so severe and caused so many accidents that eventually it was made
one-way going downwards only for all traffic.

PaulH.