Re: [Mgs] bad engine day.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] bad engine day.
From: cyberemp@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 06:10:43 +0000
Well, I went through this years ago after having my short block done and
balanced by "sheldust machine shop" in the area of Pacheco, Ca.
First I primed the system. borrowed equipment to do this from the late skip
kelsey.
After this failed, I did drop the pan. Turned out Sheldust Machine shop had
"forgot" to put the drive into the oil pump. Oops! silly them. Could happen to
any one! (anyone with towering incompetence in their nature).
  On the bright side, the motor ran very smoothly after that. So the balance
seemed to be done well.
   Oh, did I hit "send" on this? excuse the bitter  flashback. :P
Eric

<<<Gentlemen and Ladies,

Well, almost two years to the day after pulling the 18V engine for rebuilding,
I cranked it on the starter today, plugs removed, to prime the oil system.
After approximately 2 minutes of operation, still no oil at the flex line to
the pressure gauge or at the oil filter base.

Yes, it has sufficient oil.

I recall a list discussion of different oil pump gaskets. Is that where I need
to look at this point or are there other possiblilities not involving dropping
the pan?

TIA,

Ed Woods>>>