Re: [Mgs] Locking gas cap for 79 MGB

To: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>, "MG list"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Locking gas cap for 79 MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:40:42 -0700
Howard:

Currently AFAIK there is no new source for locking gas caps for the
Federal MGB with non vented cap. The UK cars stayed with the earlier
(pre-'70) design and there are a number of different locking caps
available for that design.

The early vented caps catch on the inside of the filler neck, while the
later non-vented caps catch on the outside of the neck, so they are not
interchangable.

The later MGB cap is also used on the MG Midget and might possibly be on
something else, but nothing that I'm aware of.

The last design of locking cap for the later car was discontinued in the
mid 90s, so they are a bit difficult to find.

The good news is that we got approval for production on a nifty locking
cap for the late cars, complete with MG logo. They should be available
fairly soon.

Kelvin Dodd