Re: [Mgs] Locking gas cap for 79 MGB

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "Howard Battan"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Locking gas cap for 79 MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:30:42 -0700
Paul:

I'm confused on this, but you should be able to clear it up since you
have the late V8 car.

Does the fuel filler cap on your V8 grab on the outside of the filler
tube, or does it have two tabs that lock to the inside of the filler
tube.

There is a change point in the UK filler necks AHH6281 - CHA444, but I
think that is only the change from angled tank inlet with straight hose,
to vertical inlet with angled hose.

I didn't think the UK cars got the outside latching filler cap. Please
correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks

Kelvin Dodd