Re: [Mgs] 90w in Transmission?

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 90w in Transmission?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:46:41 -0400
Dan,
   90w won't kill the transmission, but John Esposito, Quantum Mechanics,
a rebuilder of the things, recommends 30w engine oil.
Bob

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 06:46:58 -0700 (PDT) Dan DiBiase
<d_dibiase@yahoo.com> writes:
> Well, before I put the engine and transmission back in the B
> yesterday, I got smart and said, 'Let me fill the transmission back
> up
> with fluid now, while it's easy to get at!'. Good idea, but I
> confused the 90w oil for the steering rack with engine oil, and
> filled the
> transmission with the 90w. It's easily-enough changed but am
> wondering if the 90w will kill the (non-OD) transmission or if I
> really
> need to change it?
>
> Thx....
>
>  Dan D
> Central NJ USA
> '76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
> '65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
> NAMGBR #5-2328
> http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
> http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dibiase/Working_MG_Gallery.html
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

Click here to become a professional counselor in less time than you think.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3oJto5zWIh3qZZHFUMToOYCwaMtvnXIFB63X9zkqX9irE6Sx/