Re: [Mgs] What are these wires?

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, <mg-mgb@yahoogroups.com>, "MG
Subject: Re: [Mgs] What are these wires?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:37:58 +0100
They could be for the electronic distributor.  The early (and very
troublesome) 'Opus' system with the electronics in the distributor body had
white, white/blue and white/black wires.  The later (and very reliable) CEI
system with the electronics module on the inner wing has yellow/red and black
wires.  It looks to me like the off-car distributor you posted a photo off is
the earlier Opus type, the one on-car is a points type, and the photo of the
engine bay with the black box behind the bonnet strut is for the later CEI
system!  You will have fun getting something working out of that lot.

The single green will be for the Zenith manifold heater.

PaulH.