[Mgs] Leaking fuel pump question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Leaking fuel pump question
From: "Keith G." <kger@plex.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:58:16 -0400
While under the car ('79 B) attempting to bleed the rear brakes, I
noticed a small leak on my fuel pump.  I'll try to describe it:  The
short cylinder where the fuel line attaches is getting wet.  The
wetness starts immediately after I wipe it clean, but it looks like
it is coming from the bottom of the taper where the fuel line
attaches.  The tapered area itself is not getting wet, just the
cylindrical shape below that.  (I meant to try to get a picture of
this.)  In thinking about it now, I realized that the leak may be
coming from the top side which can't be seen while laying under the
car.

Does this sound like something that can be repaired with a new seal,
washer, or something?  I really don't know how long this fuel pump
has been on the car, or even if it's an original.  Some of the fuel-
related lines have been replaced, but I don't know about the pump.

--
Keith G.