[Mgs] Brakes won't bleed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Brakes won't bleed
From: "Keith G." <kger@plex.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:51:00 -0400
Saturday I got the gumption to get back in the garage and work on my
'79 B again.  I've had a few niggling things that needed addressed,
and one big one:  The rear brakes would not get brake fluid to them.

I brought this problem up here before, and consensus pointed to the
brake master cylinder being the culprit.  I installed a new master
cylinder and proceeded to retry bleeding the system.  The fronts took
a lot longer than I would have thought, but eventually they spewed
air-free fluid.  I was encouraged.

That didn't last long.  The right rear still would not get fluid
after more than half an hour of pedal pumping.  There *is* a short
column of fluid in the rubber tube I have hooked up to the valve, and
it is growing at an imperceptible rate.  I have speed-bleeder valves
installed, so I don't think that little bit of fluid is a result of
gravity; I think *something* is happening, but it should not be
taking this long to pump fluid to the rear brakes, should it?

As if that wasn't enough, I noticed another problem while I was under
the car.  I'll hit that in another post.

--
Keith G.