Re: [Mgs] MG TF is USA

To: "Paul Root" <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG TF is USA
From: "Richard Gosling" <rbgosling@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:55:50 +0100
> "Was the coupe ever made and sold? Or was it always just a concept/pre-
> production car?"
>
> It was never more than a concept.  Development was under way when MG Rover
went bust, not sure how far it had got.  NAC/SAIC have considered producing
it, as far as I know there are no definite plans to do so yet.

Plans for a replacement for the MG TF are under way, so they are unlikely to
put too much more effort into developing this car, or doing the necessary
work to homologate it for the US.  It's only got a few more years shelf life
until its replacement is ready.  Let's hope they have the sense to design
that to be saleable in the US right from the start!  But that will require
either a new engine design or some significant development of the existing
one.

Richard & Sammy