[Mgs] Driving the BGT

To: MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Driving the BGT
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:46:28 EDT
I started driving the BGT to work again this morning.  Finally had  time to
finish the electric window and lock on the drivers door, along with new  vinyl
and door card.

I noticed that at a steady 40 mph, required in about 1/4th of my commute,
there's a feeling of roughness, just barely noticeable, like it's surging a bit

or something, that disappears upon accelleration and is not there at 60-70
mph.

Any suggestions?  Timing?  I've not checked it since the rotor  disintigrated.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced
hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.