Re: [Mgs] Castrol GTX 20-50W for Classics

To: "Mgs@Autox.Team.Net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Castrol GTX 20-50W for Classics
From: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:21:20 -0600
Simon, if you would forward this to the V8 Kist (I am not on it<G>)...

<<How about using RedLine's Break-in additive to provide the ZDDP:>>

I am still using Castrol GTX (dino) 20W50 in both my 'Caminos (1 = Std.
350cid & other @600HP at rear wheel<G>), '63 Big Healey (BJ-7), Wife's '73
Black Tulip MGB, AND all customers' cars
and add either Lucas Oil's H.D. Stabilizer or Gem's EOS Assembly Lube
at a rate of 1 pint - 4 qts or 5+oz - 4 qts.

These 2 recommendations came from my Machine Shop/Hot Rod Motor Builders
(read up to 1200 HP as norm) who I have been using for all my work for about
3 years.  That WAS about the time when they told the oil probs to me whilst
I picking up Midget 1275 (+.20), a fully re-sleeved to std. XPAG and a AH 6
cyl (+.10) trio of short block of motors.

ZERO probs to date.  And I will be continuing to do same.

Ed
Please visit my site at:                www.justbrits.com