Re: [Mgs] Oil Article

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oil Article
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:25:57 -0500
Charlie,
   I change oil after first 30 minutes.  A magnet in the sump will
demonstrate why.  Scrubbing & scrubbing again inside the engine just does
not get out all the tiny bits of swarf.  They might not get pumped around
past the filter, but for the cost of the magnet and the oil & filter is
slight.
Bob

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:00:50 -0600 Charles & Peggy Robinson
<ccrobins@ktc.com> writes:
> Just got my copy of Moss's British Motoring mag.  Was looking at the
>
> Oil/ZDDP article.  Nice little box on what type of oils to use on
> initial break in, first thousand miles, thereafter.  Whups!  Initial
>
> break in is described as first 30 minutes or so of operation after a
>
> rebuild.  Wellll, OK but then is sez to change the oil and filter
> right
> after that run in period.  Huh?  Never seen that before.  Sounds
> like
> overkill to me.
>
>    Thoughts?
>
>    CR
Compete with the big boys.  Click here to find products to benefit your
business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2USkUP2Wxhyd69qVOxp1dU83TJ9IfbRL5oZPAGVp58VOMVf/