Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Flushing the cooling system?
From: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:05:05 -0400
No offense intended -- and your car certainly looks to be in good shape.

I would put it down to the first half of my comment -- I suggested
that it might be incredibly hard to do, but you work you car, well,
incredibly hard!  And more power to you.

Between the two of us, we have a couple of data points that start to
answer the original question.

I get no boil-over when lapping at 95F, with a redline of ~6400; or
cruising at 110F.
Eric gets boil-over when racing at 110F+, with a redline of 7000.

So somewhere in there is a threshold -- where we might agree that a
good car, used hard enough, will boil over.

Matt
enough bench racing -- hoping to shake off the long winter next week
and go for a drive!