Re: [Mgs] on the road

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] on the road
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:58:17 -0500
Well, I got the B out last Thursday.  Thought we were gonna take a spin
that day.  OOPS! the spare was flat and the valve stem wasn't square in
the hole.  Took it to the tire shop and it turned out that the flat was
one of the road wheels and the spare was on the left front.  <dumb>  So
left it. Went back and they said that they had put the wrong size tube
(wire wheels and I bought the tires from them) in it and it pleated and
failed.  No charge and very apologetic.

   How many tire shops do ya know would have 'fessed up?

   So the day was shot and we went MGB'ing the next day!!  Drove to
Bandera and south to Gov't Canyon.  Going back to camp and hike next
time.  Put 160 miles on the B and drank two tall boys!  The B hummed
like it should.  Got lots of waves and headlight flashes, including
those from the bikers.  Fun, fun, fun!.....  Ah, spring in the hill
country.....

   CR