Re: [Mgs] setting valves after head machining / 1500 MGA

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] setting valves after head machining / 1500 MGA
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:59:27 -0700
As he says it is a redone head, I was assuming that the valve seats were OK,
or he would have noticed. Incorrect valves would be a possibility, assuming
that a compatible valve with slightly longer stem even exists.

My MGB head had shims on the rocker brackets from the factory, so it's not
like that is an outrageous suggestion. But the shims were only maybe 0.005"
to 0.010", and that would hardly seem enough difference to cause one to run
out of valve adjustment.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149