Re: [Mgs] setting valves after head machining / 1500 MGA

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] setting valves after head machining / 1500 MGA
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:53:18 -0700
Do you know if the rebuilder milled the bottom surface, either to make it
flat or to raise compression? Because that's what I am suspecting at this
point. They milled off so much material that the pushrods are now too long.

But the alternate explanation, missing rocker bracket shims, could still be
the case, especially if the tight valves are on cylinders #2 and #3. The
Moss MGB catalog shows #460-255 rocker bracket shim, for 18GB motors. I
don't have an MGA catalog.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149