Re: [Mgs] Tires (or lack of same)

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Tires (or lack of same)
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:44:21 -0700
The thing about braking is that in front-engined pre-ABS cars, the rear
tires will lock up before the fronts under hard braking, no matter what
silly mix of tires you have. So I want the good rubber on the front where it
will actually contribute to stopping the car (without locking up), rather
than on the back where it will merely flatspot and become bad rubber.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149