Re: [Mgs] Help! Engine block full of gas

To: "'Roger Wilt'" <rdwilt@pol.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Help! Engine block full of gas
From: "Brits'n'Pieces \(Eric Frenken\)" <lists@brits-n-pieces.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:35:39 +0200
Roger,

I once had the same problem. Had 2 cars (TDs) shipped from Down Under to
Europe. They put one car level in the container and built a kind of crate to
put the other halfway above the first, rear up. They didn't empty the tank
before although the shipping company requested to do so. When I went to pick
up the cars (wanted to drive them home with a friend) one engine block was
flooded with fuel. I towed it with the running TD to the nearest gas
station, drained the block, filled it with oil, ran it some 20 miles,
drained it again and filled with fresh oil. That was 20 years ago and car
still runs.

Eric