Re: [Mgs] Help! Engine block full of gas

To: "Roger Wilt" <rdwilt@pol.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Help! Engine block full of gas
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:54:43 +0100
One or both of the floats are faulty, it shouldn't have leaked just with the
front on stands.  You've quite likely cooked the ignition coil as well, and
flattened the battery, unless you happened to have turned the engine manually
and ended up in a position where the points were open, an engine almost always
stops with them closed.  Some electronic ignition systems protect the coil in
this event, in various ways.

PaulH.