Re: [Mgs] no oil pressure

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] no oil pressure
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 08:11:02 -0600
Yes.  It is common to push start the car by rolling it forward in 2nd
gear and pop the clutch.  In 4th gear it goes easy enough to turn the
engine by rolling the car while the clutch is engaged.  Rolling
forward or backward turns the engine accordingly.  This is a common
way to rotate the engine for setting valve clearance or ignition
points.  Turning backward is also a good way to free a stuck starter gear.