Re: [Mgs] Wheel offset

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Wheel offset
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:26:06 -0000
That's the bit I'm after, the rest is easy!

My Salisbury stud wheel axle measures 48.5", the length I've seen quoted for
such an axle, between the faces of the bearing caps the back-plate bolts up
to, which is a lot less than brake drum face to brake drum face.  This is
logical, as the axle manufacturer wouldn't necessarily know what braking
system is going to be fitted.  It doesn't matter where the *difference* in
length between the two types is measured and calculated of course, as long
as it uses the same reference points.