Re: [Mgs] Back on track (Part 2 - fuel starvation)

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Back on track (Part 2 - fuel starvation)
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:53:28 -0500
So is that a ZS you were chasing? He's not a very good driver, or that car
doesn't handle well.  He certainly had horsepower on you though. If you could
have gotten around him, just after the long straight, you probably could have
gotten some decent separation on all the turns before the next lap.

I think you want to find out the temperature under the hood. If it is very hot
under there you could be getting vapor lock.

But start at the Paul Hunt beginning, measure your flow from the fuel pump.

The stutters didn't take place at (or just after) hard cornering, so I doubt
it's starvation. But then what do I know? Do you have a baffled tank? It's not
a fuel cell is it?

It's amazing how little safety equipment you have compared to the SCCA here in
the US.