Re: [Mgs] Back on track (Part 2 - fuel starvation)

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, "MGList List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Back on track (Part 2 - fuel starvation)
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 22:16:18 +0200
Nice video!

Some guesses:
the fuel cap caused a vacuum in the tank - a neighbour had that once with
his 1976 golf GTI.
fuel pump intermediately malfunctioning - check electrical contacts
there also maybe either diode or capacitor inside the fuel pump with a lose
contact
if the pump is a traditional one (SU) it still may suffer of burnt contacts,
if so get these replaced or make them smooth again
dirt in the fuel line near the pump

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT