Re: [Mgs] SU Fuel Pump Question

To: <daybell7@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] SU Fuel Pump Question
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:16:41 -0600
Personally, I would stick with the SU fuel pump, repaired or replaced.
It may be quite a bit more expensive but they tend to be very reliable,
lasting through decades of service. Internal parts are readily available
and cheap allowing for them to be rebuilt rather than replaced (although
I opted to replace my last one). And they are quiet and turn off when
the lines reach pressure (float bowls are full).

I had the cube one on one B - it was noisy and pumped continuously even
when the floats cut off the flow. It lasted just a few years, to be
replaced by a SU. Plus you have to make sure it's a low pressure model
or install an additional pressure regulator to keep pressure below 4
(psi?). If cost is the major factor, the cube model may be good but in
the long term (10+ years), I think the SU would end up cheaper.

David