Re: [Mgs] Random musings

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Random musings
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:06:39 +0100
Written, maybe (or at least intended to be) but certainly not as spoken.  I
asked a scrap metal collector and his mate today if there were a number of
them collecting as the same trumpet and incomprehensible loudspeaker
announcement is used where my Mother lives 40 miles away.  one of them
replied "No, there's only two on we", a classic Black Country expression
meaning 'two of us'.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blackcountry/features/2002/12/accents/black_country_jokes.shtml

PaulH.