[Mgs] '80 MGB: Faulty coil and fuel pump

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] '80 MGB: Faulty coil and fuel pump
From: Mark Wise <markwisenc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:39:25 -0400
I wrote in a couple weeks ago asking about getting my 1980 MGB back on
the road.  My father is here and we started some trouble shooting this
morning.

Problem #1: there is no charge coming from the coil to the plugs, but
there is power going to the coil.  Fortunately, I have an extra coil in
my "box of parts", so we're going to swap that in and see if that
addresses that problem.

Problem #2: the fuel pump isn't pumping.  There is power getting to the
fuel pump.  I'd love to get a new pump sooner than later, to install it
while I have some help.  Any suggestions for an aftermarket fuel pump
that I could buy at a local shop (Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc.) rather than
wait for mail order?

Thanks!

- Mark

--