Re: [Mgs] More NJVGP news: clutch advice needed

To: "J. F. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] More NJVGP news: clutch advice needed
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:35:08 +0100
That's probably just theory, when my rear main seal leaked it took the
clutch with it.  However the (conventional) clutch symptom was snatching, if
it's slipping and in the highest gear i.e. 4th first, that's usually
insufficient pressure on the friction plate, and that is usually due to a
worn friction plate.  One slipper I changed didn't have enough pressure left
to push the cover plate off with all the bolts removed.

PaulH.