Re: [Mgs] watch your chains

Subject: Re: [Mgs] watch your chains
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 12:44:06 -0400
Never heard that term, so I looked it up:

PROOF COIL, known also as Common Coil chain, is the standard
commercial quality regularly stocked by hardware and industrial
supply houses.  It is a general purpose chain for pulling or
restraining applications requiring neither a maximum of tensile nor
impact strength.  It is commonly used for log chains and towing.

So I guess it really isn't anything special.  I think the most
important thing is to make sure that the chain is rated for well more
than the intended load.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

At 12:12 PM 6/2/2010, David Breneman wrote:
>It may go without saying, but always use proof coil
>chain for lifting anything that you can't catch if
>it falls.
>
>David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html