Re: [Mgs] MG add.

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG add.
From: cyberemp@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:28:22 +0000 (UTC)
Well, he's not even making it as a used car salesman.
Humph!... back in MY day, con-men knew their business!
Now with the infernet, all these foreign scam artists and would be scoundrels
are flooding the market with their inferior workmanship...
***Sigh*** oh, what dark times we have entered...
And actually,used car dealer persons are not necessarily scoundrels, I
personally have only met a few.
I do have a 65 mgb, but prior owner made a number of modifications, and told me
he put over 300k on it in the 30 years he owned it. He did set it up to corner
well though, tube shocks in rear, heavier valves in front shocks, slightly
larger anti-roll bar. Yay! my current daily driver.
Eric
46 mgtc
50MGA
65 MGB
70MGB
71 MGB
So many cars, so little parking...

>>>I know! How stupid does he thing the buyers are? The car was on
eBay briefly, then cancelled so I think his original plan was to work
the scam there. Maybe he forgot where he had advertised it. Not a
very good crook. He would never make it in politics.

Don Scott
Calistoga CA
2 MGs
1 TR