Re: [Mgs] Battery tie down

To: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Battery tie down
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:45:52 -0700
Gravity sometimes isn't enough.  I bought a nice old 240 Volvo once where
someone thought gravity was enough.  There was this really nice burned spot
on the hood right over the positive battery terminal.
It doesn't take much, a speed bump a little too fast, a bad road, or a big
pot hole and you might have your baby burn to the ground as your battery
gives you an impromptu lesson in arc welding and its effects.
Sheez, what does a generic battery hold down cost?  $5?  You would risk your
ride for $5 and 20 minutes of labor?  I wouldn't.

.02
Rick