Re: [Mgs] MGB engine blocks

To: don <don@napanet.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB engine blocks
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:04:39 -0600
I think there is some value. I remember buying an engine block about 20
years ago because I needed the crank. They can only be reground so many
times. So I am sure someone has a need. Early engine blocks (18G) may
have some value due to a limited supply, particularly the three main
bearing engines. The rear axle, if it is a banjo type, is scarce,
particularly the original wire wheel version. I could use one of those
except I am probably about 1500 miles away.

There are salvage yards that specialize in English cars that could give
you an idea of value or maybe offer some money for them. My son bartered
some of his excess MG parts to British Auto Works (Portland, OR) in
exchange for credit, disposing of parts from a 1972 MG for parts he
needs restoring a 66 B.