Re: [Mgs] hesitation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] hesitation
From: Mike Janacek <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:11:46 -0400
No flame from me either. Not for accurate syncing but as a quick check you can
unscrew the dampener caps, leaving them in, and raising the engine speed above
idle. Both should rise.
My 44 year SU mechanic showed me this a few years ago.
Screw them back in when done.
Mike

James F Juhas wrote:
> No flame from me, even though I now have a gauge, but for years I relied
> on a length of hose held at the carb throat, the other end at my ear.
> Still need to disconnect the linkage, though. I, too, have been victim
> of the "professionally tuned" car that I acquired with the carbs so
> unbalanced and mal-adjusted so as to only be running on one.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive