Re: [Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:45:58 +0930
Barrie Robinson wrote:
> I have to entirely disagree on this point.  I had a custom aluminium
> rad made by Howe's Racing and to the exact spec of the brass one I
> had.  The difference was astounding !  I now have the problem that my
> engine runs too cool in 5th going down a highway at constant 120kmh.
> Also maybe these rice-burner-wannabe-Schumachers know something as
> they all seem to have aluminium rads.

Well, this is MY experience with my (relatively new) alloy radiator.

I have always had some sort of overheating issues under various
conditions (road or track) with most of my engines at some time.  My
alloy radiator has eliminated those issues to date.

Road use - a little cool.  Track use - perfect.

Expensive?  It depends on what you call expensive.  Mine cost me about
$AU400.00 and it is regarded as a "performance part".   Not much more
than one of my tires (that are consumables which will last maybe a year
- the radiator should last a little longer than that) so I don't regard
that as expensive.

Eric

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html