Re: [Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?

To: <palte@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:50:20 -0400
I'm no radiator expert, but I play one on TV, and my understanding is that
brass/copper radiators are as much two times more efficient than aluminum
radiators.
The benefit of an aluminum radiator is that it's less expensive, about
two-thirds lighter, less expensive, more corrosion resistant with modern
coolant, less expensive, and lasts longer.  Oh, and did I mention that
aluminum radiators are less expensive?  Of course, that's the real reason
brass/copper radiators aren't manufactured any longer.  I believe some
radiators even have plastic tanks bonded to an aluminum core.

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT