Re: [Mgs] Re. Brake Failure, now Left foot/Right Foot Braking

To: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>, paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk,
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Re. Brake Failure, now Left foot/Right Foot Braking
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 06:10:21 -0700 (PDT)
When this happened to Audi, I recall that it was somewhat unique due to the
positioning of the gas and brake pedals - they
were not necessarily on the same plane and the brake pedals were basically the
same size and position as a manual-equipped
car. They changed that and put the shift interlock in as well (need to step on
the brake to move the lever out of Park). In Toyota's
case, they have insisted all along that there was nothing wrong with the
software, but they also have made a change to that
software to ensure that the engine power is cut when the brakes are fully
applied. As we know, in 99% of cars, the brakes
override the engine - that is, stomping on the brakes WILL bring the car to a
halt even if the engine is at full power. But usually,
you can only do this once....

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer